Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Three Recipes You Must Try This Weekend

It is only when the planets align just so that I follow a recipe to the letter.  There are many reasons for this:

1. I generally don't read right the first time or skim and regret it later
2. I'm often missing an ingredient
3. An ingredient is an expensive specialty item and I replace it with my cheapo version
4. I think more things should be added (generally veggies and spices)
5. I just decide that I can do it better (ha!)

Anyway, below are three recipes that I followed exactly. Mostly because two of them require baking, which is a different world than cooking, and measurements matter. I don't quite feel that my baking skills are proficient enough to warrant ad hoc baking.  The third recipe (the soup) was so simple that there was little I could do to change it!  All of these were absolutely delicious and easy and I will definitely be making them again!  

Click on the title to view the recipe:

Bread can be a daunting undertaking, but this recipe is good and so, so delicious. It uses wheat flour instead of white and is comparable to that yummy dipping bread from Carabas.  This blog in general is great.


What can be better than a recipe that includes only 5 ingredients and requires you to only dump everything together and cook?  It tastes much more gourment than it is - creamy, hearty, and easy!


My husband loves M&M cookies and these are soft, chewy and addicting!
IMG_1778

No comments:

Post a Comment