Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Impetus for this Blog

For the past five or six weeks a group of coworkers and myself have been attempting to shed some pounds. We weigh-in weekly for some accountability and some of the more motivated members workout together.  Once a week I have been sending healthy recipes and snack ideas to the group.  I have taken a strange satisfaction in this even though I've received little feedback from my peers.

I have an absolute passion for food (partly why I feel the need to participate in a weight loss group).  My love for food is more than just eating it though. I love to read ANYTHING about food. Whether it be recipes (yes, I read recipes for fun), or travel blogs that feature the food of other cultures, or nutritional and healing powers of natural foods, to the food industry, I can't seem to "consume" enough info about food.

I also don't have a lot of close friends who share this love of food and cooking. I know plenty of people who love to eat food, but I love to talk about and share recipes. So my plan with this blog was to record only food items that I've made (including my inevitable substitutions) to (1) show that from-scratch cooking can be easy and (2) to hopefully build a community of cooks who love to swap and review recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment